As the world grapples with the coronavirus pandemic, Burma is being hit by a triple crisis.
Following decades of military rule where weapons were prioritised over healthcare, Burma does not have a healthcare system that can cope with a widespread outbreak of the virus. But as parts of the country go into lockdown, the military are stepping up operations in ethnic states, forcing tens of thousands of civilians to flee from their homes. At the same time, the civilian government is cracking down on activists and journalists who report on abuses by the military.
Please make a donation today. Make sure that we can keep being there for victims of the Burmese military. People who have lost everything and now face a killer disease where it will be impossible for them to social distance, and where there is no hospital if they catch the virus. They need us now more than ever.
You can donate using Credit and Debit cards and PayPal.
Burma Campaign UK is making a difference, but without support from members of the public our work would end.
- Our campaigns have helped free hundreds of political prisoners.
- We expose human rights abuses that the military tries to keep secret.
- We have ensured life-saving aid has reached villagers forced to flee attacks by the Burmese Army.
- We generate worldwide media coverage, ensuring the world does not ignore human rights abuses in Burma.
- We provide support and training to Burmese organisations and individuals, building the capacity of people from Burma to speak out and influence the international community.